Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Literary Genius of the Family

By far, K has the English skills and higher vocabulary in our family. I mean, he frequently confounds Scribblenauts with words like "maestro," whereas I struggle to think of underwater apparatus besides "scuba gear" (K's hints: wetsuit, snorkel, submarine). That's probably because K spends his days spewing out design documents and dialogue scripts by the pound. Me, I just blog a few paragraphs here and there in my spare time, interspersed with plenty of images to take up more room.

Which is why the idea of me joining National Novel Writing Month is completely nonsensical. Apparently you get the month of November to come up with 50,000 words (175 pages) of sheer unreadable madness (December is for editing, if you're really serious). I figure that even if I stop after 2,000 words, at least I can say I tried and it's not for me (similar to my previous attempt at running a marathon ^_~). And no, I have no idea what I'm going to write about. Maybe I'll describe my childhood and what it was like being raised by a cannibalistic tribe of parakeets. (Ahem, please excuse K's sense of humor...) Anyway, guess I know what my next hobby is going to be; wish me luck!

Useful Links:
How to Write a Novel: The Snowflake Method
HOW TO: Write a Novel Using the Web

No comments: